FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR Flickering issues with stop-motion animation?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dark Raven Films
DSLR Flickering issues with stop-motion animation?
on Oct 1, 2015 at 5:24:48 am

So I have Dragonframe 3.6 and am using a Canon T5 camera with the standard lens that it came with. I am using desk lamps for my lighting and black poster boards for my floor and wall. I have two Lego Bionicle characters trying to talk to each other- however, when I play back the scene- it is flickering a lot.... and I just don't know what to do as the previous two stop-motions I've done with my camera had no flickering (although those previous videos were using a green screen and a white poster board for wall/floor- dunno how important that is- I'm sure my Cinematography settings were different with those videos as well however).

My T5 lens is set at no image stabilization as it's on a tripod, and the switch is set to MF. On top of that, I am running manual white balance. According to Dragonframe's Cinematography window- here are my camera settings: 1/13 | f/7.1 | 200 ISO
Here is a link to a test shot to see the lighting and everything of the shot: http://sta.sh/04sgmfolc6m
I'm new to DSLRs and the concepts so I don't know if I have my F-stop too high or any other settings but I thought the lighting looked good with those settings- but if those settings are what is causing me my flickering issue, please tell me what to change.
Also- it doesn't flicker if I do multiple shots of the same image and not move my characters. Once I start moving them though, my flickering issues will occur.
Any advice on what I can do to eliminate this problem? It's just so distracting...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]