FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice on a new DSLR Camera Video

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tany steve
Need advice on a new DSLR Camera Video
on Sep 29, 2015 at 6:37:54 am

I have the Nikon d3200 and it's a great camera, it does the job for now. I do web design and development and I'm still at college. I offer photography in packages for clients, taking pictures of their Businesses and themselves of course. For that the Nikon is fine, but what I want is a full frame DSLR. I also enjoy astrophotography, the nikon is ok at it but I would prefer a full frame sensor. What is the best full frame sensor DSLR, Nikon or Canon in the £1000 range. It doesn't need to come with a lens, the body would be fine. I heard Canons are great for astrophotography, I just want a camera that has best of both worlds, So I can sell the Nikon and just stick to the one camera for everything. Thanks.

Visit: http://shoprex.com/electronics/cameras/dslr-cameras/

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Need advice on a new DSLR Camera Video
on Sep 29, 2015 at 2:07:13 pm

You might check out the Canon 6D, it's the Canon "entry level" full frame sensor camera body.

Steve

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Need advice on a new DSLR Camera Video
on Sep 30, 2015 at 7:19:19 am

The full frame sensor is great for that 35mm look for still shots.

The DX sensor is actually the same size as 35MM motion picture film. The gate size in motion picture film is smaller than 35mm still due to orientation, perfs, and allowing space for audio tracks. So for shooting video, the DX is closest to the 35mm film look.

MP Film Gate = 22mm x 16mm

DX Sensor = 24mm x 16mm

From what I have read all but the latest Nikon full frame dslr have moiré video problems. I think Nikon has worked out the issues with the 750 and 800E.

Magic lantern on the Canon side, seem to have less problems, and the 5D Mark 2 and new cameras can shoot RAW video for a less video look.

I have a full set of Nikon primes from my F3 days, and so lean towards Nikon myself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]