FORUMS: list search recent posts

'Combining' slomo and normal speed

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary King
'Combining' slomo and normal speed
on Sep 24, 2015 at 10:26:50 pm

Hi all.

I'm shooting some nightclub scenes for a music video and want to replicate that effect where the singer sings in normal time while everyone else around him is in slomo. I understand that I'll need to get the singer to mime the track at twice the normal speed while everyone else dances around etc, but it's the first time I've tried this and was wondering if anyone has any advice?

- Recording at 50fps to conform to 24p in post? Or should I consider 100p to 50p (but... lighting)

- Shutter speed... Should I go for a standard twice the fps, or look for some motion blur with a longer shutter speed?

- I guess the singer would have to try hard to keep still?

- Anything else I need to consider?

Thanks in advance,

Gary.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: 'Combining' slomo and normal speed
on Sep 28, 2015 at 9:42:44 pm

You'll want to play the track on set at the exact speed you need, so the singer can sing along and have it match up in post. Definitely get some friends together and shoot a bunch of tests first!

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Gary King
on Sep 28, 2015 at 9:58:37 pm

Thanks Jason, I don't understand how that would achieve the mixed slomo/normal effect though? The lyrics are simple, and the singer would only have to learn to mouth a couple of lines in doubletime. Is there another way I can achieve this effect in one shooting?

Return to posts index

Russ Carlin
on Oct 22, 2015 at 12:39:14 pm

They probably use a green screen?

Return to posts index

omer emır
on Dec 13, 2015 at 6:20:12 am

It depends how big the difference you aim to have in video between singer and the background.
you can set the frame rate of shooting by multipliying the frame rate of your project

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]