Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Atomos Ninja Assassin
on Sep 14, 2015 at 4:51:23 am

These are cool if your DSLR will provide a clean HDMI feed that is pre-encoder, and 10-bit 422 color.

They could also help your workflow also by being able to record directly to ProRes or DNxHD. No conversions or intermediate formats, you are basically starting at the intermediate stage.

There is the new BM Video Assist that looks like a good deal as well.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicvideoassist

However, whenever I see these things, I always think the person should have bought a better camera that operates at a higher level. Like a C300, Blackmagic, Arri, or Sony F-5 series. The higher level cameras will have better electronics, image sensors, and in some cases higher end codecs than some low cost DSLR body.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: Atomos Ninja Assassin
on Sep 21, 2015 at 3:19:17 pm

[Aaron Star] "There is the new BM Video Assist that looks like a good deal as well. "

An important distinction is that the Ninja Assassin will do 4K, whereas the Video Assist will not.

[Aaron Star] "However, whenever I see these things, I always think the person should have bought a better camera that operates at a higher level. Like a C300, Blackmagic, Arri, or Sony F-5 series. The higher level cameras will have better electronics, image sensors, and in some cases higher end codecs than some low cost DSLR body."

I see your point, but for some a dslr or mirrorless camera can be a valuable multifunctional tool because you can take great photos with them too.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]