FORUMS: list search recent posts

GH3 with Beacktek MCC2

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
GH3 with Beacktek MCC2
on Aug 29, 2015 at 5:47:44 am

I am about ready to move to another setup and wanted advice.

So the new setup is this:
1. Camera- GH3
2. Then I would mount the Beachtek MCC2 on the top shoe mount

3. On top of the Beachtek I mount my RODE Videomic Go (notice I wrote "go" and not "pro" so I hope that will work)

4. Then on the side of the Beachtek I was planning to buy the new RODE wireless filmmaker kit lavalier kit and put the transmitter on the side, but I think I am going to save the money and instead just run a lavalier straight into the beachtek, which brings me to my question.
I am going to go with a giant squid lav because the cost makes so much sense, but visiting his site confuses the mess out of me. There are just too many choices and I can't decipher which one I need. This would be the mic that is actually on the subject's shirt or coat etc and then ran back to the beachtek. Can you explain each of the choices that he offers and explain which is the best for attaching to the subject's shirt... and why it is the best for that matter.

As always, I appreciate your thoughtfulness in helping

Oh and here is the video that kinda got me to the point of using the MCC2: https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...t=mozilla&tt=b

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: GH3 with Beacktek MCC2
on Aug 29, 2015 at 9:53:47 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Aug 29, 2015 at 9:54:36 pm

I am sure the beachtec is fine, I use to have one a long long time ago back in the DV days. The audio ciruits on consumer devices are like the poor cousins to the imaging circuits. Recording to a separate audio device is better. Something like this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_850DR60DII/Tascam-DR-60DmkII.html?tp=61591

Then get a cheap mount adapter for your wireless receiver for the hotshoe on the camera. Prefer "balanced" audio wiring from shotguns or wireless units.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]