FORUMS: list search recent posts

What to add to my kit for low budget shoot

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marty Pollio
What to add to my kit for low budget shoot
on Jun 24, 2015 at 3:44:37 pm

I'm getting ready to shoot a web series consisting of mostly indoor daytime shots (daylight will be coming through windows). I only have a measly $400. for additional equipment. Looking for opinions on what would serve me best. I probably could use a C-stand, but other than that, I'm torn between many things, but leaning toward more LED's. Here's what I currently have to work with:

3 Canon DSLR's (5D-II, 60D, T2i)
Enough serviceable tripods
500 Watt tungsten softbox
500 LED panel (cheap from eBay)
Couple of bounce cards
Adequate amount of sound gear

Thanks

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: What to add to my kit for low budget shoot
on Jun 25, 2015 at 2:22:58 pm
Last Edited By Bill Bruner on Jun 25, 2015 at 2:23:50 pm

Hi Marty,

A $250 dolly with 12' of track will add a lot of production value to your setup, as seen here:

Example shown is for the more expensive Swift ProAim, but the Advanced Digital dolly will give you the same results.

And if you can stretch your budget total by $11, you can get a $161 Neewer 576 LED Light Panel too.

Hope this is helpful and good luck!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:44:22 pm

You should get some daylight CTB gels for your tungsten light, so you can get it to color-match the ambient light from the windows. They are inexpensive, around $8 a pop. Snag some clothespins as well, to fasten them to the lights.

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
on Jun 26, 2015 at 12:54:07 pm

No sound needed ...?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Jun 26, 2015 at 4:14:58 pm

OP seems to think that he has an adequate amount of sound gear--since he didn't specify what he has, seems difficult to make a recommendation.

Return to posts index

Marty Pollio
on Jun 26, 2015 at 4:17:51 pm

I listed that I do already have an adequate amount of sound gear. I should have included that I have a 6ft slider and a crane, even though I don't plan on using the crane.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Jun 26, 2015 at 8:12:28 pm

Then I would definitely spend whatever budget you can on buying or renting some good lighting gear and/or hiring a grip who has some already. Good lighting is going to raise your production value immensely, and if you already have the cameras, camera support, and audio that you need, it's the logical next step.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]