FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nikon D5300 color and brightness variation in video

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson Jrakman
Nikon D5300 color and brightness variation in video
on Jun 4, 2015 at 11:43:54 pm

So I'm shooting video with a Nikon D5300.

I've played around with a variety of F/stop and ISO settings, and still seem to be getting this problem.

Basically, I have a painted metal object, kind of shiny, like Rustoleum or powder coating for those of you who know what that is, and I am turning it on a lazy susan.

That camera is on a tripod, and I am approxinately 10-15 feet away from the camera.

When I turn the object on the lazy susan, the video brightness and color shifts and fluctuates. I can't seem to find a setting that keeps it consistently the same whenever anything moves in front of the lens.

Would anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Nikon D5300 color and brightness variation in video
on Jun 5, 2015 at 11:44:16 pm
Last Edited By Steve Crow on Jun 5, 2015 at 11:45:02 pm

I am wondering if what you are seeing is a moire pattern because the paint actually has some texture to it that the camera is trying to resolve but can't. Post an example clip for us to check it out..Just an idea.

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

Ken Jones
Re: Nikon D5300 color and brightness variation in video
on Jun 11, 2015 at 3:30:37 am

I shoot with a Nikon D800. A couple of things to check:

1. Make sure you are shooting in Manual mode. The camera dial on the top of the camera should be set to "M".

2. Check the menu to make sure your camera is not on the auto-ISO setting.

3. Make sure your white balance is not set to "Auto". Set it on "Incandescent" or "Daylight" or one of the other settings, but not "Auto".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]