FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon E1 plug-in capture problems

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Simpson
Canon E1 plug-in capture problems
on Apr 20, 2010 at 6:30:42 pm

I posted this yesterday in the Final Cut forum, sorry for redundancy but I think folks here might have more insight on the matter:

CONTEXT: Capturing 2 32gb cards of MOV files shot on a t2i to fcs3 via E1.

PROBLEM 1: The majority of my files are captured fine, but here and there I am having a problem where the E1 plug-in only captures a portion of the clip. The source files are 4 and 5 minutes, but the transferred clips are cut short by at least half. Is E1 still too new to be considered reliable? What gives?

PROBLEM 2: (Probably unrelated?) A couple of my MOV files are completely unreadable from the card. I'm getting the "the file is not a movie file" error. Are the files corrupted? Are they impossible to fix? Is there an app for that?

Totally stumped.

Travis Simpson | Symbolscape Media | mobile: 510.858.1101 | office: 510.868.0540 | travis@symbolscape.com |

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: Canon E1 plug-in capture problems
on Apr 20, 2010 at 6:51:29 pm

[Travis Simpson] "PROBLEM 2: (Probably unrelated?) A couple of my MOV files are completely unreadable from the card. I'm getting the "the file is not a movie file" error. Are the files corrupted? Are they impossible to fix? Is there an app for that? "

Try playing in VLC, if they can play then I've had SOME luck transcoding in other software...if not..then from my experience, you're screwed on those clips.

-Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]