FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer only transcoding part of a clip

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
Log and Transfer only transcoding part of a clip
on Apr 20, 2010 at 5:02:09 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm using the log and transfer method of bringing in 5D footage into FCP, and for some reason, on my desktop...it brings in a PORTION of the clip, but on my laptop with the same footage, it imports/transcodes the entire clip.

I don't have any in/out's set, drive isn't full...same version of FCP and same installer of the Log and Transfer plugin.

BTW, the time of the import isn't always the same, sometimes it's 45 seconds....sometimes it's 2 minutes...but never the full clip.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Travis Simpson
Re: Log and Transfer only transcoding part of a clip
on Apr 20, 2010 at 6:34:10 pm

Jason, I literally just posted about this seconds ago. Having the same problem.

You're using the Canon E1 plug-in also?

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Apr 20, 2010 at 6:50:34 pm

I think I solved my problem...

I initially installed plug-in with FCP running...

So what I did was go and find the CanonE1 plugin -

library>app support>proapps> and deleted the MIO folder.

Quit FCP, then reinstalled...then just finished a test with the same file I had been having problems with and now have a 12 minute clip.

Hope that helps you as well...let me know, I'd be interested in finding out if that solves your problem.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Travis Simpson
on Apr 22, 2010 at 8:05:39 am

Jason, thanks for your reply and tip. I gave this a shot and I'm getting inconsistent results. The first clip I attempted to transfer after the reinstall failed, but I was scrubbing files in the bin while the capture was going in the background. Not sure if the scrubbing has anything to do with the fail. All of the subsequent (re)captures have all worked fine, but I turned off all other processes, loaded only one file and babysat the capture. So I can't report anything conclusive.

I'll report again if I come up with anything new. Thanks for your reply.

Travis Simpson | Symbolscape Media | mobile: 510.858.1101 | office: 510.868.0540 | travis@symbolscape.com |

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Apr 22, 2010 at 11:01:08 am

I've not converted several files, so I can't add to your experience. It seems to be working for me...if I find continued issues, I'll make sure to post back to this thread and see if you found a solution.

Good Luck!

Return to posts index

Matt Holmes
on Mar 7, 2011 at 6:15:03 pm

Any more findings on this? We're having a similar issue: very inconsistent results. Some clips come in fine, others seem to have an arbitrarily set out point. This happens with batches, ie importing an entire card or folder (using ShotPut to transfer to XSAN). It's scary, thinking you've lost a take, and then finding that it's all there in the original H.264. A re-import fixes the problem, but that requires double checking all of your import files. Anyway, thought I'd check. Thanks. Maybe we'll try reinstalling the plugin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]