FORUMS: list search recent posts

Denoise and render illegal RGB

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Senise
Denoise and render illegal RGB
on Apr 21, 2015 at 6:33:09 pm

Hello all,
My question is simple but very hard to find the answer. I have an AVCHD footage from a sony cam. (mts) and I would like to denoise it and store the footage denoised for further color correction and grading. How can I render it to preserve "superwhite" and RGB information of the original footage without clamping illegal RGB. I am using 32 bit and Neat Video (AE, Vegas and Davinci -PC). I have no doubts denoising the footage, but when I try to render using Cineform, DNxHD or any lossless codec I can not retain "illegal" RGB levels for rocover the details later when color correcting the footage.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Denoise and render illegal RGB
on Apr 21, 2015 at 8:13:22 pm

I am not expert in this area and it may seem rather obvious but have you dug through the conversion/output options to see if you can turn off the broadcast safe feature which is what I think you are describing?

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

Ricardo Senise
on Apr 21, 2015 at 9:44:56 pm

That's exactly what I am trying to do. But I couldn't find a way to do that in AE, Vegas, nor Davinci. Doesn't matter what settings I use for rendering the RGB levels are clipped. Any ideas how to disable output broadcast range?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Apr 26, 2015 at 4:26:21 pm

While I don't have the answer at the tip of my tongue, I think the answer lies on the color management side of things:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/color-management.html

Maybe outputting a dynamic range made for stills would get you out of the limited broadcast range.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Ricardo Senise
on Apr 26, 2015 at 8:51:12 pm

Thanks for your reply!
I will check the link you've sent to me and try to do that.
The only solution I've found until now, it's to render in Vegas with .MXF, but when I use NeatVideo I loose the information because of the 8 bit capability of the plugin, even working in 32 bit.
Do you know what color space I have to use in AE to keep the info I want?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]