FORUMS: list search recent posts

60fps BAD QUALITY?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anna holck
60fps BAD QUALITY?
on Apr 18, 2015 at 12:32:12 pm
Last Edited By anna holck on Apr 18, 2015 at 12:39:51 pm

So i tried shooting outside today. And it is a bright sunny day. BUT my footage was really bad quality, and there was too much grain in there. I also tried slowing the footage down to 24Fps. But that just made it worse?
My settings used:
60Fps.
ISO 100.
Shutter Speed 300.
Aperture 10.

Why is my videos so bad quality?

Compared to other youtube videos with the same camera and Lens as me, then mine is so much worse.
Example:

Theirs is really good quality. But mine isn't.. AND they also shoot with 60fps... (I know because of their finished video)

Equipment:
Canon 70D.
Sigma 30mm F1.4.

Can you please tell me why this can be? Thanks! :)

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: 60fps BAD QUALITY?
on Apr 18, 2015 at 3:05:27 pm

A couple of things come to mind:

* Your shutter speed should be approximately 2x your frame rate so in your case that would be a shutter speed of 120 or as close as you can come to that. You are at 300 so I would expect to see some jerkiness in your final video

* Regarding 60p; yes they may have very well set their camera to 60p in order to get a slow motion effect. However, that doesn't mean they OUTPUT the final video at 60p. In fact to get the slow motion effect they would have to output the final video at something more like 24p from their editing system.

* Try a shutter speed of 1/50 and a setting of 24fps per second instead for normal footage and save the 60fps for your slow motion shots only.

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]