FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR and changing center cut external monitor.

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Mendez
DSLR and changing center cut external monitor.
on Apr 18, 2010 at 2:44:33 am

I currently have a Rebel t2i and I want to use an external monitor to help with focus, composition etc.

But whether I use HMDI or the AV cables while in movie mode the image center cuts on a 16:9 monitor. Is there a setting to change the video out to anamorphic or wide screen that I am missing. The manual is very vague when it comes to this.

Please help.

Thanks.
Mario.

Return to posts index

Dan Rollins
Re: DSLR and changing center cut external monitor.
on Apr 18, 2010 at 5:41:36 am

Hi Mario, I too have the T2i and your post made me want to test my HDMI input. I took some quick video of my 21" external monitor (a plain Flatpanel computer monitor), it is hard to see in the vid because there wasn't lot of light in the scene, but maybe you can see if mine looks different than yours. I don't know what you mean by "center cut". When the monitor was plugged in I pressed the DISP. button on the T2i (next to the Menu button) and it seemed to toggle between some different settings. And as you can see in the vid I also went into my external monitor settings and saw it was set to PC HDMI mode and I changed it to Video HDMI mode.. that made a slight difference.

I have a standar HDMI cable form the external monitor and an HDMI mini adaptor to go into the T2i... maybe it is your cable?

Here is a link to a short vid of my setup: (no audio... may still be processing with youtube):

Cheers,
Dan Rollins
HDSLR Videographer (T2i & 7D shooter) - FCP7.0.2 (Studio 3) - 27" iMac 2.8 Quad Core i7 4GB RAM

Return to posts index

Mario Mendez
Re: DSLR and changing center cut external monitor.
on Apr 21, 2010 at 11:56:24 pm

Hey Dan,

Thanks for your help and a video post no less! After looking at your post I took a look at that display button. It seems when in video mode it will toggle through an almost full HD wide screen image with the focus box, a 4:3 image with settings display and a 4:3 image alone (i think). Its frustating you can't have a 16:9 image full but maybe the next rebel will address that issue.

Thanks!
Mario.

Hollywood quality isn't always found in Hollywood.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]