FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR Filmmakers / Videographers in Singapore

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Varun Mehra
DSLR Filmmakers / Videographers in Singapore
on Mar 24, 2015 at 5:21:01 am

Hey,

I'm a video maker from India visiting Singapore. I'm keen to invest in a DSLR for video and maybe a basic stabilisation rig - something similar to a Glidecam maybe.

The issue I'm facing is Singapore has way too many options and I've heard that there's a lot of second grade equipment being disguised as branded so it's a risk to buy from anywhere without a good reference.

I visited Cathay Photo at Peninsula Plaza ad SLR Revolution at Funan Digital Mall - both of whom have great stuff. I'd like to see more options too - variants of the Glidecam and other rigs that may be cheaper.

Can anyone help me with some recommendations?

Also, I'm conflicted between buying the Sony A7s and 5D Mark III.
Does anyone own or have first-hand reviews of the A7s?

I'll be in Singapore for a week from now and I have some free time.

It'll be great to meet up with any of you guys.

Cheers!

Varun Mehra.

Return to posts index

JP Pelc
Re: DSLR Filmmakers / Videographers in Singapore
on Apr 8, 2015 at 5:41:31 pm

Not from Singapore but regarding A7s vs 5DIII, I would definitely go with the A7s. More dynamic range, much better codec, sharper, easier to grade. Basically the A7s is designed to shoot video, whereas the video was basically just an afterthought on the original 5D, and since then it has hardly improved at all.

Return to posts index

Varun Mehra
Re: DSLR Filmmakers / Videographers in Singapore
on Apr 9, 2015 at 6:45:07 am

Thanks for the reply.

Do you own an A7s?

I was curious whether the lens options are limiting with Sony?

If I had to use Canon EF mounts, can I trust the lens adapters you get (I've read Metabones is good)?

Also, wondering if I should maybe wait a little longer to see if a newer model comes out since it's been a year since the A7s

Appreciate your advise.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]