FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Lens for shooting Video on Canon 550

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damien Morgan
Best Lens for shooting Video on Canon 550
on Feb 2, 2015 at 11:24:31 pm

Hi

I have a Canon 550d camera with a 50mm 1.4 Len. I am wanting to get a lens for shooting documentaries / music videovs. Perhaps a zoom lens. Can anyone recommend me as a first time videographer to get some good quality shoots for sharpness and zoom efficiency? I hear the 18-55mm or 18-135mm are good?

Return to posts index

David Rehm
Re: Best Lens for shooting Video on Canon 550
on Feb 6, 2015 at 4:55:08 am

I'm sure there are much better lenses but I have a friend who has a 60d and ONLY owns the $125 50mm lens by Canon. He has shot many programs of his own and they are aired on TV. Sure, it's not network television but the station does have quality standards. He even does keying. He's no pro but does alright with what he has.

David

Return to posts index

Pete Burger
on Feb 7, 2015 at 10:40:23 am

The 18-55mm is not as bad as many people might want you make believe. Especially the newer version is quite neat. It's not the best, nor the fastest lens and it has some quite heavy distortions on the wide end, but it's an okay lens IMHO. I used it a lot for video. The 18-135 is (from what I heard, I never used it myself) better and also has a wider zoom-range.
The 50mm you mentioned is simply a superb lens. Nothing more to add ;)
I use the 28-135 a lot. The downside to this lens is that it's stabilization is very loud and you will have it on the audio. But, well, DSLRs and internal audio... Not the best combination.

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Return to posts index

Damien Morgan
on Feb 24, 2015 at 9:41:35 pm

Thank you for answering the questions. I have been away so do not what you to think I have ignored your responses. Thank you so much

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]