FORUMS: list search recent posts

Backup Camera Advice

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Hatton
Backup Camera Advice
on Jan 20, 2015 at 10:38:14 am

I'm looking to get a backup camera and was looking to get a bit of advice. What does everyone else use as their backup?

My main camera at the moment is a Canon 600D (T3i) and I usually take my Canon HFS10 with me on shoots just to be safe but I'm looking to get a more lightweight alternative as a backup to my 600D. I do a lot of run & gun shoots so something smallish and lightweight would be ideal.

I'm currently looking at picking up a Sony NEX-5 (N/R) off Ebay. Does anyone else use this or a similar camera? Or would you suggest I get another 600D as a backup for continuity if I need to use both on a shoot?

http://www.danielhatton.co.uk

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Backup Camera Advice
on Jan 20, 2015 at 5:38:58 pm

I'd go with the same camera so that you can film two angles at the same time AND have a backup camera

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

Kirk Darling
Re: Backup Camera Advice
on Feb 19, 2015 at 11:59:08 pm

I agree with going with the same camera, which is what I've always done. I don't consider them backups--I keep them both in the rotation. That means all my techniques and handling habits stay consistent. Having a camera break on an important job is stressful; having then to remember a different set of operations multiplies the stress and makes error much more likely.

Also, by keeping both cameras in the rotation, it's less likely that I'd turn to a backup that for some reason wasn't ready.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]