FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 70D Ocassionally has "vhs tracking lines?" in clips

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melvin Pollard
Canon 70D Ocassionally has "vhs tracking lines?" in clips
on Dec 31, 2014 at 6:50:49 am

PLEASE HELP ME... I have a canon 70d and it is less than 5 months old when I record hd video every now and then I will get a video with what seems to be the best way I can describe it as the old vhs tracking lines in the clips..ive searched all over the web for an answer and cant come up with anything. ..any help would be GREATLY appreciated im distraught considering I purchased this strictly for video...Im running a class 10 80+mb sd card so its plenty fast enough and it doesnt show up on the lcd as I record only when I dump the file when I see it...im currently uploading a couple seconds youtube clip as an example. ..please help me
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2F0MsRm95q5ag&h=OAQEc...

Return to posts index

Keelan Macpherson
Re: Canon 70D Ocassionally has "vhs tracking lines?" in clips
on Jan 20, 2015 at 9:34:58 pm

This effect (i think this is what you're describing) is what you call rolling shutter, and unfortunately it is quite common on cameras with a c-mos sensor in them. There isn't really a lot you can do about it other then don't move the camera to fast when recording.

Return to posts index

Melvin Pollard
on Jan 20, 2015 at 10:23:11 pm

MESSEDUPCLIP:

thank u for your reply unfortunately I wish it was rolling shutter but its not...here is an example clip

Return to posts index

Keelan Macpherson
on Jan 20, 2015 at 10:49:28 pm

Hmm, that is strange, I have no idea what could be causing that, have you tried your SD card in other cameras, or tried other SD's in your 70d to make sure the SD isn't the problem?
Other then that I have no idea sorry.
Wish I could be of more help buy I've never seen or heard of this problem before. Of its not the SD card I would take the camera back to where ever you got it and tell them its faulty.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]