FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D video advice?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Gaskin
Canon 7D video advice?
on Dec 30, 2014 at 9:36:54 pm

Hi,

I am aiming to shoot a music video in the new year on my canon 7D. It is a personal project and I wanting to do a mix of slow motion footage as well as normal footage. I wanted to shoot the standard footage at 24 fps for the filmic look. I know that the 7D will only allow you to shoot 50fps and 60fps at 720p so I had prepared that I would have to sacrifice full HD but have come to realise that the 7D doesn't seem to allow you to shoot 720p at 24fps or 25fps for that matter. It only seems to allow you to shoot 720p at 50 and 60fps.

Is there a work around for this? For example, is there away I can shoot the standard scenes at 1080p at 24fps and down sample to 720p? I am very new to DSLR video so any advice would be really appreciated?

Thanks

Scott

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Canon 7D video advice?
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:22:06 pm

Yes, there are many ways to convert 1080p video to 720p. You might check out MPEG Streamclip for a free solution but many editing systems have this function built into their export or "share" options...so nothing to worry about

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

Scott Gaskin
on Dec 31, 2014 at 9:52:46 pm

Thanks Steve, wondering if you could answer another question?

If I'm shooting at 24fps, for my slow motion footage is the general rule of thumb to shoot at 50fps or is there an advantage of shooting at 60fps to get better slow mo footage?

Thanks

Scott

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Dec 31, 2014 at 10:08:54 pm

You're mixing up shutter speed with fps

For slow motion shoot at 60fps at 1/120 shutter speed or as close to it you can

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved