FORUMS: list search recent posts

? about XAVCs files from Sony A7s

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Dow
? about XAVCs files from Sony A7s
on Nov 26, 2014 at 8:00:12 pm

I recorded several clips in XAVCS on my new Sony A7s. When I look at the files on the camera I see both XAVCS and mp4s of the clips. When I try to import from SD card, or from Hard Drive backup Premiere CC only sees the MP4s. I have Brorsoft Video Converter, and I tried to transfer the one file that says AVCHD but there doesn't seem to be anything there. My SD card has 3 folders:DCIM, MP_Root and Private. What am I missing?

Thanks,
James Dow

JPD

Return to posts index

James Dow
Re: ? about XAVCs files from Sony A7s
on Nov 26, 2014 at 8:28:45 pm

I'm going to guess that the MP4s I'm seeing are really a container for the XAVCS files.

JPD

Return to posts index

Kaileen Fitzpatrick
on Dec 1, 2014 at 7:41:35 pm

Here's what i've been doing, though i've only had the cameras for 2 months.

Going into it, i thought that Premiere CS6 was not going to be able to read the XAVC-S files. I found that was not the case. I have no trouble working with the MP4s cased in the XAVC-S file structure. Usually i just pull the MP4s right out of the Clips folder.

One word of caution: In the past i have had trouble with the AVCHD file structure in that i was only importing the MTS files. I found in continuous run situations, where i was rolling for a few hours continously, that between each 12.5min file there was a 6-frame audio break. This happened because i removed the MTS files from their AVCHD file structure. If i would have left it intact, i would not have that problem. So i've been taking the same approach with the M4_Root folder--keeping the entire folder with all it's contents for more major shoots. smaller things or short clips i just steal the MP4s out of the Clips folder.

not sure if this is totally correct, but it's been working for me and my projects so far.

Return to posts index

James Dow
on Dec 3, 2014 at 7:06:16 pm

Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

JPD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]