FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frugal Music Video - Entire video shot for under $300

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Move Laced
Frugal Music Video - Entire video shot for under $300
on Sep 29, 2014 at 9:35:25 pm

Entire video was shot for under $300. Canon t2i with one lens 17-55 2.8.

Sets lit with standard low end video lights and 5in1 bounce, performance /set decorated and lit with walmart clamp aluminum flood lamp and bulb. Costumes flea market rack specials, locations wheeled and dealed. We premiered it last night to a screening of 100 people so were in the black... barely. Check it out.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Frugal Music Video - Entire video shot for under $300
on Sep 29, 2014 at 11:28:49 pm

whoever did the lighting with wal-mart clamps and a t2i, imagine what they could do with a good lighting kit and a blackmagic! the t2i survived not getting noticable blowout or lens flare and had appreciable detail in the shadows and midtones. kudos! you'll definitely move up in the ranks.

Return to posts index

Move Laced
on Sep 30, 2014 at 1:36:31 am

Very much appreciated. I actually used the clamp lights just to act as our "studio" performance practical. All the other lighting was low end florescent video screw ins.

I actually had access to a 5d3 for the second half of production, but after one day of shooting noticed a huge quality difference, the 5d3 obviously was a better image, but I didnt have it in the budget or schedule to go back and film so we stuck with the 550D (T2i) to keep continuity in image.

Thank you so much for checking it out and for your good words!

Heebz
Move

Return to posts index

dewan edwards
on Feb 7, 2015 at 3:33:32 pm

Hey, I was wondering if you used a filter to get the lens flare. I would like to setup a music video and use lens flare for artistic purposes but Im unsure of how to do it. I have a 50mm 1.8 and a tamron 28-70mm lenses to use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]