FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with corrupted .mov dsrl files

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raziel Resendiz
Problem with corrupted .mov dsrl files
on Sep 16, 2014 at 7:55:59 pm

I have a problem with corrupted .MOV files that just play 1 or 2 seconds and then go green or red with noise sound

I try to rendered insides premiere pro, final cut, convert them with encoder and compressor and always the footage ends the same, just 1 or two seconds of original video, and then green and red screen with noise.

I also try with yodot and remo software mov file repair.

The thing is that the files are real video sizes, like 2 gb or more...

The complete history is that those videos were from a wedding and I empty the sd memories and use the sd memories for another thing. The next time i turn on the mac, there wasn't any file, so I did a disk recovery and then all this damage video files apper...

I try to recover from sd memoris used and same history...

I am in a big problem because is the footage from a wedding...

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Problem with corrupted .mov dsrl files
on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:25:01 am

Certainly sounds like a corrupted video file and so the only hope I think you have is using recovery software, perhaps a recovery software from a different company, they can't all be the same.

Just curious, did the video files EVER play correctly? I assume they were okay in the camera but once you copied the footage off the SD card and onto your computer, was the video ever good then or was it bad right away?

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

David Rehm
on Sep 21, 2014 at 4:32:50 pm

I had a similar problem. I shot a wedding - lots of footage too. I downloaded everything into my machine and for some reason a file here and there was (or would become) corrupt. The problem wasn't the original file on the card, somehow while either being transferred or some other reason that I have yet to figure out a few of the files just wouldn't play. Luckily I never wiped the original sd cards clean. I just knew not to do this.

I'm not really the one to solve your problem here but in the future NEVER EVER delete those cards until the final product is done and finished. Money is money but for less than $20 you can get another 32GB sd card.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=pny+32gb+sd+card&N=0&InitialSearch...
I have used exclusively PNY brand sd cards with my Nikon equipment and have never had a fail in over 2 years (knock on wood).

David

Return to posts index

Timothy Peter
on Sep 24, 2014 at 6:11:03 am

It looks like the video is corrupted... You can try repairing the same and check if it solves the issue. I found this link which shows you how you need to go about doing the same

Return to posts index

Leon Bailey
on Apr 27, 2015 at 8:34:04 pm

This happened to me and I used http://www.mp4repair.org. File was good as new!

http://www.LastingBlueprint.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]