FORUMS: list search recent posts

2-Camera Interview on a Budget: Lenses

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Christian
2-Camera Interview on a Budget: Lenses
on Sep 16, 2014 at 3:14:37 pm

I'm starting a new branch in my studio that focusses solely on 2-camera interview based production. This is an internship/training program for students at universities and we are operating on a $4,000-$4,500 equipment budget per student.

Our two cameras are going to be a Canon 7D and 60D with a wide angle lens and zoom lens. What lenses would you recommend for primarily indoor interview shoots?

With the two cameras we have roughly $2,500 to work with for lenses, lighting and audio equipment.

Thanks,

Justin Christian
Story Corner Studios

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: 2-Camera Interview on a Budget: Lenses
on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:39:18 am

I have to suggest the Canon 50mm 1.4 which is capable of beautiful interview shots and is relatively bargain basement priced at $320 or so. Yes a Canon 24-70mm zoom or a Tamron equivalent would be fantastic too but if I had to pick one lens to start off with, I'd go with the 50mm first and then see where the budget left me. In fact, I might just forego the 24-70mm entirely and replace that with a quality 24mm wide prime or something in that range...this is considering you are doing interviews, not sports or situations where you are far away from the subject

You didn't mention audio costs - that's one place not to go cheap.

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]