FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Make a dark scene without any Noise?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taha Kirmani
How to Make a dark scene without any Noise?
on Sep 11, 2014 at 11:16:03 am

Hi

I am using Nikon D3200, I am trying to shoot a dark scene. The scene is so dark and there is minimal amount of light. I am shooting in manual mode and these are my settings. ISO 200, f/5.2, Shutter Speed 1/100.

With all these settings i am getting so much noise in the scene. Kindly tell me how to avoid noise in the Dark Scene.

Thanks
Taha

Return to posts index

Samuel Drake
Re: How to Make a dark scene without any Noise?
on Sep 26, 2014 at 2:25:35 pm

Try opening the aperture of your lens as wide as it can go. The lower the f stop number, the wider the aperture. f/2.8 is wider than f/5.2 and so on. Also try reducing your shutter speed to 1/50. 1/48 is the norm for cinema, but 1/50 is as close as your camera can get.

Bear in mind that opening the aperture will cause a shallower depth of field, but this can be a good thing if you can control the focus. Not all lenses can open wide enough to eliminate noise in low light situations. I have a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D lens and it is very good for low light at f/1.8. It won't auto focus on a D3200 though, so you would need to do that manually. It takes some getting used to. At f/1.8 you would be leaving a lot more light get through to the sensor and could therefore try lowering your ISO to 100 which would reduce the noise even further.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]