FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual channel wireless systems?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liviu Fratila
Dual channel wireless systems?
on Sep 6, 2014 at 10:42:21 pm

Helllo,

I want to simply and effective record an interview for my blog, with a Pany GH4. I am the only man in the business and is a little hard to use a shotgun or lavs+mixer or zoom + lavs (and sync in post)

There is more alternatives to record two interlocutors simultaneously, like the Azden 330LT do? I search only for the dual chanel systems, with camera mount.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: Dual channel wireless systems?
on Sep 8, 2014 at 3:00:00 pm

Zaxcom, Lectrosonics and Wysicom all make 2 ch receivers, but they are all professional level kits and are going to cost more than the GH4 itself. If you're looking for something in the Azden price range I'm not sure. I know there are wiring kits that will take 2 mono outputs from 2 individual receivers and sum them into a stereo input cable to go into the camera so you get on an L and the other on R without having to use a mixer or active circuitry. Might be a better/more cost efficient option.

Return to posts index

Liviu Fratila
on Sep 8, 2014 at 4:30:53 pm

Thanks,
You mean these one - http://www.showmecables.com/product/3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-to-Dual-1-4-Mono-Jack...

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
on Sep 10, 2014 at 12:29:13 pm

Hi Liviu - you may also want to consider the Neewer® Dual Channel Camera Mount 2.4GHz Wireless Clip-on Lavalier Microphone System. It costs around $200 from Amazon and around $160 on eBay (as of this post) and comes with 2 lav mics, two transmitters and a receiver.

That's about $600 less than the Azden 330ULT and a very good value for your money.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

Liviu Fratila
on Sep 10, 2014 at 8:22:12 pm

Thank you Bill,

But Neewer isn't a big name in audio, and the wireless lavs can be very tricky (frequency drop)...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]