FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame Rate Issue When Uploading. PAL/NTSC

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul McConnach
Frame Rate Issue When Uploading. PAL/NTSC
on Aug 29, 2014 at 3:29:06 pm

I've been using my Canon 60d at PAL 50 fps 720p and generally with the shutter speed at 1/160. When i upload to youtube its not as smooth as id like it to be and have seen other footage play back at the 720p setting. I know youtube turns footage to 30fps so im losing some frames regardless but other videos playback much smoother. I've recently found out however a couple of people I know who use the same cameras as me are using theirs as NTSC 60fps and all of their footage plays back completely fine on Youtube. Is this the problem? And if so am I able to mix the two 50fps (that i have so far) and 60 fps footage in the same timeline and have a decent result if i was to switch the NTSC option now? I'm only half way through this current project and would really like to know wether I can save this or if its lost and i need to start from scratch in the different setting.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Frame Rate Issue When Uploading. PAL/NTSC
on Sep 2, 2014 at 12:27:55 am

The only reason I know of to shoot at 60p is so that you can place it in 24 or 30fps timeline to get a nice slow motion effect. When shooting at 60p keep your shutter speed as close as possible to 1/120 and see if that helps any.

Normally I'd suggest you shoot at 1080 or 720 at 25fps (for PAL) for a much smoother look

I'm not familiar at all with 50fps and what that is used for.

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]