FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 70D grainy (Noise)

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anna holck
Canon 70D grainy (Noise)
on Aug 18, 2014 at 3:54:09 am

I have a canon 70d with a SIGMA 30MM 1.4 and a TAMRON 90MM. but there is a lot of grain and maybe bad quality in my video shots. I have seen other videos on youtube of this camera and the old 60D with the same lenses with much better quality. And i have tried the same settings as them, but it still comes out much more grainy then theirs. My settings: FPS 24. Shutterspeed 1/60. Aperture 2.8. ISO 800. Do you know what the problem could be.
And i also tried going for the same settings as this video was set at in a bit of low light, But my video shot came out so much worse and grainy than this one :

And my video location was much lighter, which does not make sense that it is more grainy than this.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Canon 70D grainy (Noise)
on Aug 18, 2014 at 5:30:08 pm

Well clearly this was a low light situation and I imagine your camera is struggling to give you an image - so your ISO probably needed to be set higher to compensate. Also I noticed what to my eye was a strong orange, tungsten color cast to the video. I think this was either your white balance settings or perhaps how it was color corrected during editing.

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]