FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flickering In 5D Mark iii footage.

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian DiSalvo
Flickering In 5D Mark iii footage.
on Jul 28, 2014 at 7:01:46 pm
Last Edited By Ian DiSalvo on Jul 28, 2014 at 8:27:02 pm

I recently shot an interview with my 5D mark iii, 24p, and the shutter speed at 50. I used natural light coming in from the office windows. At the time of filming, I didnt notice the light flickering but it appears in my footage. Could this be from the change in Sun Light? Is it a weird setting issue? Can it be fixed in post? A brief example is attached. Thank you all.

http://www.yourvideofile.org/update-success.html?v=7.30

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Flickering In 5D Mark iii footage.
on Jul 28, 2014 at 7:44:48 pm
Last Edited By Steve Crow on Jul 28, 2014 at 8:06:36 pm

I am not seeing your sample footage but this problem most often is associated with overhead fluorescent light that causes off colored bars to move up the screen but you could also call it a flickering. I understand you also had light coming in from the windows but MAYBE this caused a mixed lighting situation where the fluorescent lighting (if it was in the room) was still having an impact.

Does your video look something like this:

If so, this issue has been discussed many times on this forum so I suggest you do a search. Otherwise, feel free to try reposting that sample footage again so we can take a look

Steve Crow

PS: Just found this tool that might offer you a quick fix if you are a Final Cut Pro X, Premier or Avid user ($149):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]