FORUMS: list search recent posts

GH2 - removing auto zoom in thingy

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Newberry
GH2 - removing auto zoom in thingy
on Jul 24, 2014 at 3:46:08 pm

Hi

I've just got a GH2. Just going through the instruction book and playing with it and it's great.

But when I try and focus it zooms in really really close on the subject - this isn't for the shot, if I take it it's the wider angle that I want. It's really annoying because I can't take in the whole shot when I want to focus. I think it does it so I can focus on something perfectly - thats great but it does it all the time with the slightest touch of the focus.

I was trying to solve this myself but as is clear I haven't got a clue what this feature is called and everything I've tried is wrong.

Any ideas on how to disable this feature?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: GH2 - removing auto zoom in thingy
on Jul 25, 2014 at 12:08:45 pm

Hi Chris - It's called expanded focus, and it's a feature not a bug :)

This guy complained when he couldn't use it (it turned off because he was using an external monitor): http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?282655-GH2-Expanded-focus-only-wor...

Expanded focus comes on 100% of the time if you adjust the focus ring in manual focus (MF) mode or when you push in the exposure adjust wheel on the back of the camera.

Focus on your subject, take your hand off the focus ring and half press the shutter button and it should go back to normal.

Cheers,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

Chris Newberry
on Jul 25, 2014 at 12:43:43 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I know it's not a bug but it's an annoying feature and one I wish you could just shut off for good if you don't like / want to use it.

Thank you for telling me what it's called so I can look into it more

Regards

C

Return to posts index

Chris Newberry
on Jul 25, 2014 at 4:02:22 pm

Thanks again - but does anyone know if you can turn off Expanded Focus. I really don't like it as it never seems to be at the point where I want to focus on is really distracting while setting up a shot.

I've looked in the manual and online and can't find anything so I fear not

Thanks

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]