FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD card corruption issue, Panny G6

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Stishan
SD card corruption issue, Panny G6
on Jul 12, 2014 at 4:52:55 pm
Last Edited By Eric Stishan on Jul 12, 2014 at 4:53:24 pm

I've been shooting weddings and some other freelance gigs (video only) on the Panasonic G6 for about 2 months now and have absolutely loved it. It's a very versatile little camera that does everything I need.

However I have been having an issue recently with corrupt memory cards. It's happened several times now where the shoot will go swimmingly, I can review the footage fine on the camera. When I get home, I pop the card right into my laptops built-in card reader and transfer it straight to an external hard drive. The footage has been blocky, green, blurred out, or just refuses to transfer and gives me an corrupt card error notice.

I have used Panasonic's AVCCam Recovery software in the past with success, but most recently I attempted to transfer the footage onto the hard drive and the transfer cut out half way through. Now, whenever I try to plug the SD card into the PC, a window immediately pops up stating I need to format the card. Now I cannot access the card at all and the recovery software won't recognize the card. Can anyone offer any insight?

I'm shooting AVCHD on the camera. I'm using Sony 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 SDHC memory cards. My laptop is running Windows 8.1. I've been transferring the entire card directory to the hard drive, not just the video files. Help?

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: SD card corruption issue, Panny G6
on Jul 12, 2014 at 11:45:11 pm
Last Edited By Ann Bens on Jul 12, 2014 at 11:46:34 pm

Are you using the same card over and over or did you buy a new one to see if it has the same issue.
Try a different card reader.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Eric Stishan
on Jul 12, 2014 at 11:48:11 pm

Hi Ann, I've used multiple Sony cards so I don't think it's the card itself.

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
on Jul 13, 2014 at 3:10:00 am

Sorry to hear about your challenge, Eric. Are you formatting the cards in-camera or on your computer before you use them? When you delete files from your cards are you deleting them on your computer or in-camera?

The formatting and file management processes are very different depending upon where they are done.

Best,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

Eric Stishan
on Jul 13, 2014 at 3:19:59 am

Thanks for your response Bill. I have been formatting all cards in-camera, not using my PC for anything except unloading footage.

Return to posts index

Paul Sandy
on Jul 31, 2014 at 1:12:09 pm

Have you tried using a recovery software to get back all your lost data? Visit this link which will guide you on doing the same.

Return to posts index

Eric Stishan
on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:11:45 pm

Thanks Paul.

I did end up getting the files back using a software called Zero Assumption Recovery. I'm pretty sure it was a problem with the computer's built-in card reader. The laptop itself has since been replaced and no issues so far!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]