FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon EOS M video / audio rig

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Winters
Canon EOS M video / audio rig
on Jul 11, 2014 at 10:27:35 am

Dear ALL!

Guys, I really need your help with this one! I'm a total NOOB to all things camera related, yet have always have a passion for visuals! Go figure!!

I currently run a charitable foundation that now hopes to offer parents and children affected by terminal illnesses the opportunity to record video presentations, personal messages and oter video related content for their families to see after they have passed.

We do not intend to sell this as a service, and so will be partially limited on budget, but should still have enough to finance a decent audio / visual rig for both stationary interviews as well as field recordings.

I shall quickly list our thoughts on equipment below;

Canon EOS M - £279
Flycam Nano + Arm Brace - £55 or Flyboy 3 - £35
Cage - £45
Polaroid Lens Filters x 4 55mm - £16
4 x Batteries + Charger - £30
SD Cards - £25
Nexus 7 as Monitor - £ALREADY PURCHASED
USB OTG Adaptor - £2
11" Articulating Arm + Clamp x 2 £30
Camera Bag - £20
Rig Light - £20
Velbon DF-61 Tripod - £30

Tascam DR-07MK2 - £100
Micro SD Cards - £20
Batteries + Charger - £20
Audio Technica ATR 3350 Lavalier - £23
Headphones - £15

I realise the EOS M may not be the best for still imagey, but have been told that its video capabilities are very good for this kind of work.

Audio again will primarily be based in a controlled environment and both audio and visuals are to be enhanced and corrected in Post. (We already have a setup for this).

My question to you ALL is could you make any other suggestions to the equipment list we already have, or perhaps comment upon other lenses or video aspects that may help us produce the best recorded visuals on a budget of around £800 - £900 for a comprehensive rig?

I mentioned the Flycam Nano and Flyboy 3, but are these versatile enough for 'low to ground' shots in field recordings or would they prove hard to control at low heights?

Will it be also beneficial to invest more into studio lighting at this stage?

Thank you all for your time!

Dan.

Return to posts index

Joseph DeBlasio
Re: Canon EOS M video / audio rig
on Jul 14, 2014 at 3:55:43 am

Dan, I just purchased the Canon EOS-M for video and am looking for a rig. Can you tell me what cage you purchased for it and what you are using for audio? Thanks. Joe D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]