FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Lenses

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nolan Carson
Sony Lenses
on Apr 9, 2010 at 9:33:42 pm

Has anyone used the Sony lenses (made by Zeiss) or could point me to a review? Also, the a850 has hdmi video out. Could I hook this up to a recorder (ki-pro) and shoot video? Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Frey
Re: Sony Lenses
on Apr 9, 2010 at 11:54:49 pm

I could not find specs posted on the a850 and it's near twin a900, that detailed the hdmi output. If you own this camera, what does the output show on an hdmi monitor? These cams have 25mp sensors and Zeiss-built lenses. Hopefully, the Alpha 1000 and small cousins will be at the NAB show this coming week. At a recent show, prototypes of these units featuring HD video capabilities were displayed.

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

Nolan Carson
on Apr 12, 2010 at 1:20:52 pm

http://www.sony.net/Products/dslr/cameras/a850/pdf/specifications.pdf
I have always been a fan of Sony camera's. I cannot wait to see what comes out this year. I really want to know the quality of the lenses compared with other Zeiss products.

Return to posts index

John Frey
on Apr 12, 2010 at 7:13:13 pm

The tech specs that you included indicate that you can select 1080i, 720p or SD out of the HDMI port. One would have to actually plug it into an HDMI monitor or the HDMI port on a field recorder and see if you can indeed view/record while you are recording in camera. Some DSLRs will not record if an HDMI cable is even plugged in - they are intended for playback only. Some will not give you the full uncompressed signal out. Some will blackout the LCD screen when recording to an external device.

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]