FORUMS: list search recent posts

XLR Adapter

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andres Bonilla
XLR Adapter
on Apr 14, 2014 at 1:41:42 am

Hello, OK I have a Canon T4I and I need to able to use an external microphone so I bought a XLR3F to right -angle 3.5 mm TRS adapter. My microprone is a AV RE50B. It is not working. I do not have Magic Lantern installed but I do have the capability to work on manual with the audio. Now I am reading that this maybe a balanced adapter and I need Magic Lantern or this may not work at all , that I need a stereo cable or something like that. I know it would be better to use a separate recorder but for now I just wanted an adapter for my xlr and microphone.
When I monitor the audio in my menu is there but not in the playback so I am thinking that maybe is still the camera mic meter showing.

Any ideas or proper adapter in case this one is not the one. Someone pointed me to the"right" one but the link said this adapter is discontinued.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rob Manning
Re: XLR Adapter
on Apr 14, 2014 at 3:12:31 am

Hi Andres,

Try contacting these guys: http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Audio-Cables/DSLR-Audio-Cables/Sescom.xhtml

SESCOM makers of the ubiquitous IL-19 in line line buzz killer adapter favored by road crews everywhere, has several connecting cables with micro circuitry to balance gain structure for DSLRs.

A quick call or e-mail to them should lead to a solution be it a single cable, use of a direct box (passive) or two cables engineered for your purposes.

HTHs

Others may have additional opinions.

Rob Manning

Return to posts index

Andres Bonilla
Re: XLR Adapter
on Apr 14, 2014 at 3:50:57 am

Thanks! I will call them tomorrow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]