FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which bla.wav belongs to which foo.mp4?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arjen Jongeling
Which bla.wav belongs to which foo.mp4?
on Apr 8, 2014 at 9:53:56 pm

Sorry for signing up and start asking right away :-) I'm a hobby film maker shooting mini documentaries as volunteer at a museum with vintage aircraft. I just bought my first audio recorder (Zoom H1) to record better audio. After a day of shooting, I come home with a heap of audio and video files without any relation in naming or so.

I'm looking for a workflow solution to match the audio and video clips. Not sync them but finding out which bla.wav belongs to which foo.mp4. I don't want to use a slate because I don't want to bother the people I record with too much equipment and I don't have an assistent.

I was thinking to sync the time settings of my camera and audio recorder and use a bulk renaming program in post to rename all files so they incorporate date and time in the filename. Or is there a better way?

Return to posts index

Steve Crook Jr
Re: Which bla.wav belongs to which foo.mp4?
on Apr 9, 2014 at 2:50:29 pm

Disclaimer: I am not a recording professional, I just do it for fun and as a hobby - and for my church.

Everything I have read says that the slate is best because it gives you good visual indicators to sync the audio and video of a particular shoot. Part of using a slate or any alternative clapper is audibly stating what the shoot information is at the beginning of the recording: "Sunday skit. Take 1." or such.

In your case, just do a quick audible ID of the shoot.

Yes, you would have to preview each recording of each take, but it would give you definitive identification.

I know of no automated system. Maybe one of the pros has a better solution. Maybe cheap, too! :)

Good luck.

Steve Crook, Jr.
http://www.stevecrookjr.me

I am a simple creative professional that can get my Adobe suite and a few other creative tools to do what I want. Barely. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]