FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice for recording AUDIO

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Ashton
Advice for recording AUDIO
on Mar 24, 2014 at 11:47:29 am

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be shooting a conference tomorrow and could just do with a bit of advice when it comes to recording audio...

I'm not going to be 100% sure of what I'm shooting until I actually get there so there's a bit of guess work involved, but I THINK there are going to be about ten company execs, presumably at a table on a stage, and each one of them could potentially have something to say. I have no idea how big the room is or anything but I'm guessing there will be about 150 people in the audience.

Equipment-wise I'm going to be shooting on a 5D mark iii, I have x4 Sennhieser ew100 G2 lav setups, a Zoom H6 recorder. Only problem is, I only have 2x XLR cables from the lav recievers.

So my plan was to have 3 of the executives mic'd up with lapel mics - 2 of them going into the Zoom and one going into the 5D - I'll have to check when I get who the top 3 guys are and mic those dudes, and just hope that the XY mic on the Zoom picks up everyone else.

Unless anyone has any advice on another setup I could try?

Thanks in advance!

SA

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Advice for recording AUDIO
on Mar 24, 2014 at 6:23:55 pm

So there isn't going to be an AV person there to do the house audio? If so, you could get a feed from their mixing board and send that to your Zoom.

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]