FORUMS: list search recent posts

60D Audio Setup recommendations?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rhys Harper
60D Audio Setup recommendations?
on Mar 2, 2014 at 11:24:18 pm

Howdy!

New to the forum, but not DSLR video. I own a portrait photography business but have been getting more into video over the past few years, and really want to make documentary films. I have made films before for different organizations and personal work, but will be shooting my first wedding video gig on the Brooklyn waterfront in May. The brides are friends and know that this is my first wedding-specific gig, and are familiar with my work.

I typically record audio separately through a Tascam DR-40 with XLR microphones, and although I have an idea of what I'd like to do for audio recording at this type of event, I wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any recommendations. I do not know if I will be able to mic the suit-wearing bride. I have seen other videographers place an actual boomed mic at the altar. I really want to be able to capture the ceremony audio, vows, etc. – it is a Jewish wedding, and I have never attended a Jewish wedding before.

My question is – does anyone have any recommendations? Have you seen others place a boomed mic above the altar? I would worry that it would interfere with the photographer's work/still photographs – I can't imagine wanting to see a mic in my wedding photos... although maybe it wouldn't be that noticeable.

Any advice or recommendations for must-have equipment or setups would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Rhys
http://www.seniorsbyrhys.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]