FORUMS: list search recent posts

canon 6d video problem

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
branko topalovic
canon 6d video problem
on Feb 27, 2014 at 7:58:56 pm

I am new Canon 6d user. Shoot with 60d for past four years, and never had problem like that. Like a flickering noise and grain in daylight (as a static noise), Like bad compression, but it is h264 (hd) Does aliasing looks like that? Own 6d for a month. Is it aliasing or some sensor or camera problem? I know about some codec problems in ALL-I, that makes mosquito noise, but not sure if it is mosquito nosise. I know for canon 6d aliasing issues to, but i never see it before like that, and think this it to much, if it is aliasing at all. Please help, and thanks.
Shoot in 720p.50 fps, Iso 100-200, sh. speed 1/100, clip exported as h264. It is better in 1080p, but still noticeable. Indoor footage looks better, too.
Here is the sample

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: canon 6d video problem
on Feb 27, 2014 at 10:38:50 pm

To me this looks more like a compression problem...are you recompressing the file that comes out of the camera or is this just how the camera shot it? It's not normal thats for sure....this kind of rippling and warping of the image shouldn't be there.

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

branko topalovic
on Feb 28, 2014 at 9:54:07 am

Thanks for your answer Steve,
no compression. Thats how it records in 720p. Its recorded in 720p, and exported as a 720p h264 in Premiere Pro. It is better when shooting in 1080p, but still noticeable. Outdoor footage looks very bad, as you see, and indoor is better, to. I shoot using AII-I, not IPB, so..is it possible that codec is a problem?

Return to posts index

Florentin Gavrila
on Feb 23, 2015 at 3:55:57 pm

Hi Branko Topalovic
I have the same problem with 6d
You have solved anything?

Return to posts index

branko topalovic
on Feb 23, 2015 at 7:08:05 pm

Well, i learned how to live with it. I stop shooting in 720p. Now only at 1080p, with cinestyle picture profile, witch helps a lot, with sharpnes all way down, and low contrast. Aliasing i comon 6d problem. If you see aliasing on screen while shooting, change position or try to make that spot to be cover with bokeh. Right now i am switching to GH4. Gives me 4k video, now aliasing and moire, becouse it have antialiasing filter, but no soft image like 5dmk3.
Hope i help a bit.

Return to posts index

Florentin Gavrila
on Feb 24, 2015 at 8:32:19 am

but does not seem aliasing,
Boil image, looks like! by foliage, grass, ground.
more image noise

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]