I shot an event. Video and photos. I reviewed the videos and photos often during the event by playing back in camera. Returned home and the next day I went to dump the footage using FCPX 10.1. No footage. No files on the card at all. The camera says "No Image." I did not format the card.
The only thing out of sorts during the process was the first card reader I tried to use had a bent pin and offered resistance when I tried to insert it gently. I switched card readers to the only other option a cheap Targa multi card reader.
Later, I replicated the problem with a KomputerBay 64GB 1000x card. It seems the culprit is the act of using the Targa multi card reader. See if I can replicate again--list style.
1. KomputerBay 1000x card in 5diii.
2. record video for 45 seconds
3. play back video on camera... played fine
4. remove card from camera and insert into targa
5. open disk utility to see if the card reader mounts... it does, but the card never does.
6. eject the card reader through disk utility.
7. remove card from targa and insert it into 5diii
8. play back video file..... IT SAYS NO IMAGE!!!
Ok. So it HAS TO BE THE TARGA reader, any suggestions on recovering the data from the SanDisk 32GB from the event? And does anyone care to hypothesize why this is happening?
This is just another reason FCPX should recognize the file structure on CF Cards when dumping from the camera... just take the card reader out of the equation.