FORUMS: list search recent posts

yet another DSLR starter thread :)

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Nicholson
yet another DSLR starter thread :)
on Feb 3, 2014 at 12:44:04 pm

Hi,

Im a beginning filmmaker and editor who is looking to invest in a DSLR camera, lens, and tripod etc... to do smaller jobs every now and then. I am after some advice about which way to go right now. I have been offered numerious small jobs, like simple instructional/corporate videos, and would like my own gear to also film and practise my own filmmaking skills and ideas, so i think its time to invest instead of hiring. I have little experience with DSLR filming and mostly have in the past used videocams like the Sony ex3 or the PMW300. I have read up on cameras and lenses etc... but have trouble making that final decision.

I switch between whether to go full frame now or not, and 2nd hand or not. I figured for my current skill level and needs a canon 60D would suffice with good 2nd hand lenses. A 7D and 70D dont really seem worth the extra money for a crop sensor for video when i compare it to the 60D. Then other times i think, maybe stretching that budget and getting a canon 6d (2nd hand or not) wouldnt be a bad idea either. I live in The Netherlandse and my budget is around 2000 euros give or take. The more research i do the more i doubt my choices.

Audio im confident with and have that already.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]