FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio for 30fps ...

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Davidson
Audio for 30fps ...
on Oct 22, 2013 at 1:08:52 pm

Hi,

I am using the Canon 7D/Tascam DR-100 combo.

When shooting 25fps, the setting on the Tascam is at 16-bit, 48k : everything drops into place without any drift. However, when I switch to 30fps, naturally, the audio is all over the place.

Can anyone tell me the settings I should have on the Tascam to match the 30fps on the 7D?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Colin

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Audio for 30fps ...
on Oct 22, 2013 at 6:13:38 pm

Why not just record a short clip with your 7D and then open it up in something like MPEG Streamclip that should show you what format the camera is using for audio natively and match that?

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
on Oct 22, 2013 at 9:56:29 pm

Your question's not too clear to me.

It's not the audio that's the problem. Your audio will be recorded at your settings and will play back in time as recorded.

Most editing software should have no issues playing it back at the appropriate speed.

If you've filmed at 24fps and then play back your video at 30 fps then evidently your video is no longer in "real time" ... is that what's happening to you?

If you film at 30 fps and put that into your editor in a 30fps sequence then again your audio should just drop in and play accurately in sync.

So what exactly are you doing - filming in what rate, playing back in what edit software at what sequence settings?@

Return to posts index

George Goodman
on Oct 23, 2013 at 10:18:48 pm

The crucial element here is your sample rate, in this case 48k

Make sure that when you're switching to 30fps that your camera isn't changing itself to a 44.1k sample rate. If your camera sample rate matches the 48k of the audio device, you should have no problems with the audio slipping out of sync.

George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]