FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt file on Komputerbay 64g UDMA 7 1000x card

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kevin clark
Corrupt file on Komputerbay 64g UDMA 7 1000x card
on Oct 4, 2013 at 3:28:14 pm

I just purchased the above mentioned card for my Canon 7d. Did some prelim tests and all worked well. Used it at a paying gig, and 2 or the 5 files I recorded (video) are corrupt. One is useable, just some minor tears, the other is missing the video completely for the entire length of the clip... about 12 minutes. I've tried importing the file in FCPX, Adobe Premiere, iPhoto and the EOS Utility. Every instance imports the clip but only has audio. The info on the file states that it is 4.28 GB with a duration of 12:41. The only codec listed is Linear PCM.

So, it seems that with the size of the file that the information is there. I know this because the info on the files that are ok have the same file size and duration, but they have H.264 listed as a codec in addition to the Linear PCM, as well as color profiles and dimensions.

Is there any way to repair this file? To attach the missing codec information?

Thanks for your help
Kevin

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Corrupt file on Komputerbay 64g UDMA 7 1000x card
on Oct 4, 2013 at 4:57:32 pm

It sounds like you let the camera run until it reached its max clip duration or the battery quit while filming. In either case the file doesn't close properly and this is the result

You can try file recovery software - some have reported success

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

kevin clark
Re: Corrupt file on Komputerbay 64g UDMA 7 1000x card
on Oct 4, 2013 at 6:51:29 pm

Thanks Steve.

I think it probably did reach the max file size and stop recording by itself. I didn't shoot this footage. But I regularly let that happen without consequence. In fact, I've been trying to recreate the problem today and recorded a clip until it reached its max file size and stopped automatically, and there was no problem. I'll ask the shooter if maybe the battery died during this file, which I doubt, because the file size is identical to the other 4 files on the card, all of which are fine except one, which has some digital tearing.

Kevin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]