FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR Audio

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Omar Magdi
DSLR Audio
on Sep 28, 2013 at 10:32:22 pm

Hello there guys, I have 5 Zoom H4n's and 3 Sanken COS-11 and 2 Rode NTG3's..
Everything was going fine with the setup I was using, I used the NTG's to record audio from two locations around whatever Iam doing, just to get a backup and some of the recording were usable, and the Sanken's over on the Talent, or whoever that I am shooting. without monitoring, because obviously I cant monitor 3-5 H4n's which are a lot and far away of the camera where I am shooting, and most of the time me being a Freelancer/Indie filmmaker I don't have any assistants around and of course because I spend 90% of my earnings on equipment and such.
Anyways, every thing went so fine since I created this set-up until one time I was shooting and one NTG was not recording due to a mistake of mine which was closer to the talent, and the Sanken was too low for the talent's pitch and voice level, and though I use Adobe Audition with some pro plugins and a Dedicated sound card I couldn't enhance the audio and basically the shot was ruined. and I waited for weeks to get an hour again with the talent to shoot, and honestly I've tried wireless mics that are low priced they all suck and to get such expandability with wireless systems and the same quality I need to sell a kidney.
so is there anyway or any tool other than wireless mic kits to wirelessly monitor the audio? even if from one mic at a time of course, I thought of wireless headphones, so is there any other ideas?

Thanks in advance filmPeople.

Omar Magdi.
Cairo, Egypt.
Freelance Documentary Filmmaker/Photographer.
OMARMAGDI@GMAIL.COM
+20 1023354466

Return to posts index

Rob Manning
Re: DSLR Audio
on Sep 30, 2013 at 7:49:21 pm

Hi Omar,

The talent, are they using with lavaliers?

Thanks,

RM

Return to posts index

Omar Magdi
on Oct 1, 2013 at 12:00:24 pm

Yessir

Omar Magdi.
Cairo, Egypt.
OMARMAGDI@GMAIL.COM
+20 1023354466

Return to posts index

Rob Manning
on Oct 2, 2013 at 7:08:20 am

Omar,

It may not be an issue with the brand or capsule, it may be because head movements can cause drop outs.

Countryman and DPA make ear worn mics along with everyone else but these are unsightly and require a strap across the back of the head to keep from falling off (on occasion).

Actors on stage have mole skin tape holding the element still near enough to be functional for lavs.

The DaCappo brand, was among the first with ear worn to have a mastic feel on the earpiece, so even active people won't knock them off.

Does the production allow for ear worn as a look?

Thanks,

Rob

Return to posts index

Omar Magdi
on Oct 4, 2013 at 10:42:36 pm

Wow, thanks for the answer, but unfortunately they cant wear ear work mics, because I always like to make sure mics are not appearing in the shot, so.. I just need a tool to monitor all of my inputs.

Omar Magdi.
Cairo, Egypt.
OMARMAGDI@GMAIL.COM
+20 1023354466

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]