FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR Interview Settings

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kyle aiken
DSLR Interview Settings
on Sep 5, 2013 at 8:05:47 pm

Hey guys,

I had a really beginner question. If I were to shoot a interview of a student for a collage, which FPS should I use for that interview?

Would 30fps and 1/60th look good for a interview? Or do I use a more cinematic 24fps and 1/50th

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: DSLR Interview Settings
on Sep 5, 2013 at 10:14:48 pm

I always go for the 24p but for a sit down interview with not a lot of motion you might not be able to tell the difference

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

kyle aiken
on Sep 6, 2013 at 3:58:55 am

Cool, thanks for the tip.

Also If anyone else knows what setting to use for the Zoom H4N that would be great. Im thinking just stereo with mono mix on, with the talent wearing lapels.

Thanks Again.

Return to posts index

Pablo Aura
on Nov 1, 2013 at 4:37:09 am

If the rest of the video is 24p then go for that, the same if it's 30p. If there is no "rest of the video", and planning to go only on the web then 24 will give you a more filmic feel. Your audio setup is ok, just remember if you record directly to the camera the sound will not be very good, try to get an external recorder if possible. If you can have separate channels for the shotgun and the lavs you will have greater flexibility in post, and if one of your mics stop working for some reason you will have another clean source in the other channel. That can save your day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]