FORUMS: list search recent posts

CANON 6D Focus

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristi Smith
CANON 6D Focus
on Aug 31, 2013 at 3:33:18 pm

Hi I'm new to DSLR's. At my work we have been using a canon 6d to record our video announcements. We focus in close on the the persons face and then zoom out to record them. The reason is we use different crops of the person. When I take it in to after effects to edit and I zoom the person in they look a little blurry.
Does anyone know why?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pb9q86n8n38glwn/iPoO3yypXk

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: CANON 6D Focus
on Aug 31, 2013 at 7:21:47 pm

The technique you are using is one that works with traditional video cameras which is probably where you learned to do this. Still cameras and their lenses are different - they don't always hold focus when you zoom back out....which I believe is the issue here.

So what I do is I use the camera's LCD screen on back (Live View) and then use the magnifying glass type button to zoom in to about 10x digitally (on the subject's eyes ideally. ) I focus and then turn the magnification back down to the normal setting.

The white box on the screen (for my Canon anyways) is the area the camera will magnify into as you digitally zoom in for focus however you can move that white box to wherever you want it which saves the day!

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

Kristi Smith
on Sep 1, 2013 at 2:16:53 pm

Thank you. I'll try that

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Aug 31, 2013 at 8:06:51 pm

You should not zoom in on frame in AE which if I read your post correct that is what you are doing.
Zooming in in AE is scaling up. Scaling up means loss of quality.
Making different compositions of the person you do with the camera.
-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]