FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live compositing?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Rosenbluh
Live compositing?
on Aug 24, 2013 at 3:07:55 am

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but here's my situation; I'm going to be shooting backgrounds this weekend to be used later for model shoots. We'll shoot the models in front of green screen, but I was wondering if we can have our backgrounds up on a monitor (or computer screen) and composite our models over them before we take the pictures and video.

I'm shooting with a 5D Mark III. We'll be doing stills and video. I'm a total noob at this kinda thing but wanted to know if it can be done?

thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Live compositing?
on Aug 24, 2013 at 7:17:47 pm

I know there are software packages that let you do this kind of thing ...the camera is connected by firewire or USB cable to a computer where you can see the composited effect live. Years and years ago there was one called Visual Communicator but I'd be very surprised if that oldy is still around. So I would look at software "switching" applications designed to allow you to connect multiple cameras and switch between them to produce a live feed. Often those had elements you could key such as lower thirds and backgrounds....also google virtual sets and see what you come up with.

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Duffey
Re: Live compositing?
on Aug 31, 2013 at 6:02:08 am

Have you looked into Magic Lantern the nightly builds? With the 14-bit RAW and a fast (expensive) flash cards, you can record in amazing quality using 14-bit raw. I say this so that you record both your backgrounds and then your models using 14-bit RAW.. it will provide amazing green screen editing!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]