FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot reverse engineer picture style....wondering why

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Andrade
Cannot reverse engineer picture style....wondering why
on Aug 18, 2013 at 10:49:06 am

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum.
I know what a picture style is and I know how to create my own using Canon's PS editor.

However, I can download those made by Canon and open them without issue. When trying something like Technicolor's Cinestyle for example, I get an error. "cannot load image" - this of course after the image is already loaded.

Now, it almost makes sense, because they arent Canon created picture styles. That being said....what did technicolor (along with many other people) use to create/edit their picture styles? Ideas??

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
Re: Cannot reverse engineer picture style....wondering why
on Aug 20, 2013 at 8:29:54 am

[Dave Andrade] "However, I can download those made by Canon and open them without issue. When trying something like Technicolor's Cinestyle for example, I get an error. "cannot load image" - this of course after the image is already loaded."

I don't really get, what mean by that. What software does give you this error? "Digital Photo Professional"? The photo editing software that comes with the camera or the Picture Style editor?

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Me on Twitter (english/german)
http://twitter.com/FastFoodVideo

Return to posts index

Dave Andrade
on Aug 20, 2013 at 6:17:39 pm

The picture style editor. It has recently come to my attention though that not all picture styles, even used for Canon cameras, need to be made in that application.

So now I am wondering if they were just created in another application and that is why I am getting the error.

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Aug 21, 2013 at 11:13:33 pm

I see... Just tried it myself and I got the same error... Maybe there is some way of protecting the .pf2 files or the Cinestyle is indeed built in another application

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Me on Twitter (english/german)
http://twitter.com/FastFoodVideo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]