FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gh1 Lens recomendation

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dane Silzle
Gh1 Lens recomendation
on Dec 13, 2009 at 5:02:50 pm

I'm picking up a GH1 to use for 720 p60.
video shoot studio,indoor & outdoor, some live action. Primarily for
the DOF and ISO capabilities.
would like to ask anyone using this Camera, what they recomend for additional lenses and some reasonably priced solution (lenses and adapters).I want to get lenses that I can move on to the next body in 12 month or so.

Thanks I appreciate it,

Dane
drppost

Return to posts index

Ryan Orr
Re: Gh1 Lens recomendation
on Dec 16, 2009 at 2:15:23 pm

I'm not in the loop with the Panasonic Gh1, but take a look at Philip Bloom's first experience with it. Nice article.

http://philipbloom.co.uk/2009/04/30/panasonic-lumix-gh1-first-impressions-a...

Return to posts index

Adam Troup
on Jan 15, 2010 at 9:11:35 pm

Hi Dane,

I have a GH1 and bought the 20mm pancake lens recently

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/Digital+Camera/Lenses+%26+Fi...

I really like this lens, its really great in low light and has a nice shallow DOF at 1.7, its fixed 40mm and have found it works fine for most general situations.

Since I got it I have had it off the camera a few times but it quickly goes back on.

Hope this is a help.

Adam

http://www.inspirevideo.co.uk

Return to posts index

Dane Silzle
on Jan 25, 2010 at 8:10:09 am

Thanks guys,

I have been on the move shooting a behind the scene for a Superbowl spot, producing web video for the SuperBowl spot, an Agency Reel and in the studio since I first posted and now have a moment (5 minutes) to respond before hitting the sack, then another 48hrs of editorial...

I have recently put 20hrs + on this Lumix GH1(Panasoinc) HDSLR rig and
found working with the kit 14-140 zoom to be ok but a bit slow at f4.
I ended up dropping some bucks on Zeiss ZF series Primes, I bought
a ZF 50mm f1.4 Planar and the ZF 85mm f 1.4 Tele Planar, beautiful glass, beautiful DOF. I also picked up a Nikon 24mm f2.8 MF, and will
be picking up a 35mm T2 Prime.
From my brief experience shooting video with this camera,I have found it really perform well in all manual modes, Manual Focus and exposure. That means not auto stabilization (OIS), therefore a decent stablization and mounting system is imperative not to mention sticks. I picked up a HOTROD Delixe mount and stabilization system which is geared toward the GH1 and also has a PL mount so If you can afford it you can mount Cine Primes,(that's right Arri super35 Master Primes and others). Zeiss has a hole new line of awesome Mini Primes for Red and HDSLR. There my short report on Lenses and the GH1.

Thank you so much and I apologize for not getting back sooner, now I'm going sleep for a couple of hours.

Regards, Dane
drppost

Gh1, HotRod Deluxe, ZF 50,85 & Nikon 24
HVX200
FCS 2, AE CS4 editorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]