FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sell Sony EX1R in favor of a Canon DSLR?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Teller
Sell Sony EX1R in favor of a Canon DSLR?
on Jul 5, 2013 at 5:08:49 pm

I currently own a Sony EX1R and Canon 5D Mark II with a wide assortment of lenses. I really like the quality and film look of the footage I get from my 5D, so much so that it has become my main camera. I shoot mostly weddings and lots of sports - should I sell my EX1 and purchase another 5D? Maybe a C100? Curious to see what people think.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Sell Sony EX1R in favor of a Canon DSLR?
on Jul 6, 2013 at 12:30:09 am

I made a similar decision and never looked back, however there are now certain jobs that simply are not very practical for me to do - mainly those that require long continuous filming times - but for me such assignments don't tend to be the interesting jobs anyways.

I wouldn't be shy about using a Canon 7D or the full frame 60D as my second camera - there's so much other gear that you will need to outfit your second camera that I'd save money where I could. I doubt very much your clients will ever notice the difference between these cameras and a 5D M II or III.

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Sell Sony EX1R in favor of a Canon DSLR?
on Jul 7, 2013 at 5:00:11 am

I went with the c100. It probably gives you everything that the Sony does except a rack zoom. But for the money, it's a fabulous all purpose video camera that gives you great DOF when needed. I still have my camcorder around for certain gigs. But I now use the C100 more than my 5D mkiii. It's now all between stills and video.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]