FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert 24psf to 24p

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Ameri
Convert 24psf to 24p
on Jun 12, 2013 at 2:42:34 pm

Hello there. Does anyone have experience converting 24psf to 24p? Video was shot with a Nikon D800 and a Pix 240. For a short portion of the shoot, my Pix 240 recorded 24psf rather than 24p.

Does anyone here have any experience converting 24psf back to 24p?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rob Manning
Re: Convert 24psf to 24p
on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:41:04 am

Hi Danny, from another site, somewhat dated but:

" 24sF is a transmission method to make 24p compatable with 1080/60i processing and switching equipment. It will display on a CRT monitor as 48hz. The lines of the 24p image are alternated across the two fields just as in interlaced video.

The major difference is that the lines are not temporally separated in time. They are pulled from a single progressive frame. Therefore the sF process can be completely reversed back to 24p. 24sF was intended as an internal format for broadcasting and production although several consumer scalers now support it."

In other words, your NLE such as Premiere will handle the footage you load (interlaced, progressive) and so far on my D800, the ingest is automatic plus I convert everything to CineForm (4.2.2 10 bit) which some might consider over kill, others not so much.

HTHs

Rob Manning

Return to posts index

Danny Ameri
Re: Convert 24psf to 24p
on Jun 19, 2013 at 12:20:53 pm

Thanks Rob. Since posting this question, I brought everything into CS6 and it dealt with it, no problem. Thx again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]