FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aerial shots - concerns

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aroonz arunpg
Aerial shots - concerns
on Jun 11, 2013 at 12:16:14 pm

Mooooo Guys......

i work for a construction site and i often have to do aerials filming of the construction in progess.
I did one last month as well . The footage turned out nice. However, when i stabilize using after effects, i do have the cropped edges . I tried synthesising edges, but it never helped coz of the unstable movements,. I ended up scaling the footage up to fix the black edges as a result of stabilization. i got somewhat good output, but i wanna improve on it.

I have an edelkrone rig, but i tried shooting handheld and tried not to touch any of the helicopter parts. Will filming with a rig actually help to get stable shots ? I avoided it purposefully so that the vibration of the helicopter doesnt influence the shots.

I would like to check if fixing Go Pro's to the helicopters help ? have anyone tried it before ?

Is there anyone who is experienced in aerial videography ? can someone provide me with some expert advise.

Thanks in advance guys... Mooooooooooooo

Return to posts index

charles meadows
Re: Aerial shots - concerns
on Jun 24, 2013 at 4:57:06 pm

We've used Go Pro's connected to a Landrover going through the bush and got some pretty nice stuff. The Go Pro can give some moire and artifacting problems every now and again.

"There's no point in filming if you don't have fun"
Charles Meadows
Creative Director
Incubate Productions South Africa
http://www.incubatevideo.co.za

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]