FORUMS: list search recent posts

7D footage in FCP is cleaner at Upper Field Dom- Unless...

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Powers
7D footage in FCP is cleaner at Upper Field Dom- Unless...
on May 29, 2013 at 9:00:11 pm

I know this has been talked about many times but I have never found an accurate response to the problem. Canon shoots progressive 2997 but it is tagged as upper. If you transcode to Pro Res or leave it native H264 it is still tagged as upper. The footage gets less aliasing when sequence is set to Upper whether it has been transcoded or not. Also by going to your bin and choosing none on Field Dominance does nothing to change the situation. (Update see below) So I am plagued by faulty tags in the metadata and FCP cannot fix it. Since FCP is dead, has anyone found a work around to mixing 7D upper footage and Sony EX None footage?
Look at the aliasing comparison. Update... The changes to the clip info in the bin of FCP must be done before editing a project. I found that if you change the clip info in the bin it does not update the clip in the sequence. You must right click and modify the format of each clips field dominance. So I guess the question is... CANON, WTF?? Why are you tagging the footage as UPPER??

And

Thoughts?

Dan Powers
P3 Media
Austin, TX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]