FORUMS: list search recent posts

NLE Setup recomendations

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Quinn
NLE Setup recomendations
on Apr 2, 2013 at 2:25:09 pm

Hello all,

I'm a former independent videographer who's now onboard with a large photo production house that is starting a video division. I've been tasked with setting up our NLE systems and backup. Coming from a self employed/free lance background is tough as I'm still in the mindset of my own dollars and trying to think about scalability. That being said I'm looking for input. Here's the situation:

We're shooting on 5DMK3s and 5DMK2s assets will come in and be edited in FCP, FCP X and Premiere (depending on project and time, eventually I'd like to move into all Premiere (CS6). We're using Macs w/ thunderbolt and currently have a pegasus r6 Configured Raid 5 (10TB).

Right now it's just one videographer/editor. In the future we will likely have more and would like to be able to access files from different edit suites.

Money is not much of a factor. I think we could spend 10K easily.

What would you recommend? We've talked about doing a fibre channel to a shared server (xsan I think). I'm open to ideas.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: NLE Setup recomendations
on Apr 2, 2013 at 6:23:21 pm

oops - just re-read your post so my earlier comments are unncessary- the only thing I really have to add is to remember about backup and not to count on the single RAID device itself to be sufficient - it has to be backed up too.

Steve Crow
Crow Digital Media
http://www.CrowDigitalMedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]